Sunday, July 27, 2008

Daily Dozen Intro

John Maxwell, Today MattersI recently finished reading John Maxwell's Today Matters. I had very high expectations for this book! John referenced this book a couple of times in his other books, and I waited in anticipation while it was being shipped by Amazon. Currently, I have skimmed the entire book and I’m working back through each chapter. So far the book has been solid, but I was disappointed with 10th chapter “Today's Faith Gives Me Peace”. With John’s background I expected a stellar chapter. Personally I am looking to grow spiritually and was hoping he would provide an outline on how to develop a plan. Other than this, Today Matters is a solid book and I would recommend reading.

After reading Today Matters, I have applied many of John’s “Daily Dozen” into my Weekly Review. Also, I review the “daily dozen” first thing in the morning – this is a great way to start the day.

This is the start of my Daily Dozen post, where I will be showing how I've applied these concepts into my life.

Here is a look at the upcoming "Daily Dozen" post:

  1. “Attitude: Choose and display the right attitude daily."
  2. “Priorities: Determine and act on important priorities daily.”
  3. “Health: Know and follow healthy guidelines daily.”
  4. “Family: Communicate with care for my family daily.”
  5. “Thinking: Practice and develop good thinking daily.”
  6. “Commitment: Make and keep proper commitments daily.”
  7. “Finances: Make and properly manage dollars daily.”
  8. “Faith: Deepen and live out my faith daily.”
  9. “Relationships: Initiate and invest in solid relationships daily.”
  10. “Generosity: Plan for the model generosity daily.”
  11. “Values: Embrace and practice good values.”
  12. “Growth: Seek and experience improvements daily.”

Related John Maxwell's Links:

http://www.injoy.com/

http://www.johnmaxwell.com/

del.icio.us Tags: ,,,

Sphere: Related Content